To introduce the different types of CO2 refrigeration systems, their unique design considerations, major components and how they function. To explain how to charge, vent, and pump out these systems and the health and safety issues involved in all of these activities.
By the end of this topic you will be able to:
- Recognise some of the different types of CO2 refrigeration systems, their components and functionality.
- List the design considerations applicable to refrigeration systems using CO2.
- Explain how leak and pressure testing is carried out on a CO2 refrigeration system.
- Describe how to charge and vent CO2 systems and the health and safety issues involved in these processes.
- Explain how moisture can get into a CO2 system, and the measures that can be employed to prevent this from happening.
- Describe some of the maintenance tasks specific to CO2 refrigeration systems.
- Explain how to pump out liquid CO2 from a refrigeration system, and the health and safety issues involved in this process.
Pre-requisites of Study:
- Vapour Compression Cycle
- Pressure and Pressure Measurement
- CO2 Refrigeration Fundamentals