Pressure testing practical training
The Pressure testing training course is based on EN 378 for Refrigeration and Air conditioning personnel.
To qualify for the training and assessment session candidates must undertake and pass the online Pressure testing online theory course and bring the CPD Diploma obtained when successfully completing it on the date confirmed for training and assessment.
Pressure testing Training summary
- Up to 4 engineers per training session
- Students must undertake and pass the online Pressure testing theory course online and bring their CPD Certificate with them on the training/assessment day;
- The training/assessment day comprises a morning classroom session followed by an afternoon practical session on the training rig.
- The training/assessment day will run from 09:00 hrs until 17:00 hrs at any of our branches in Glasgow, Derby, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle, Oxford
- Lunch and refreshments are provided.
Pressure Testing Training Syllabus
The candidate will gain the knowledge required by studying the Pressure test online theory course. A 90% pass mark will be required before a candidate can undertake a practical assessment, the course will cover:
- Relevant Standard Specifications.
- Allowable test pressures: What to look for, Identification of Hazards, Technical appraisals, Written Schemes of examination , PRV settings, Vessel & Pipe condition etc.
- Gases: OFN.
- HSE GS4 Safety in Pressure Testing.
- Generic Risk Assessment for pressure testing.
- Method statements for Strength and Pressure testing.
- Documentation, certification etc.
The candidate will be assessed on:
- The safe use of equipment, to include: Hoses, Fittings, Relief Valves, Regulators, Manifold etc
- Compliance to all Method Statements and Risk Assessments whilst carrying out strength and tightness testing on the rig or system and correct completion of all necessary paperwork.
- Knowledge of Leak Repair Procedures on a system whilst carrying out a Strength and Tightness test, this will include Safe Venting of OFN.
- Knowledge of pressure testing by answering oral questions immediately prior to commencement of any pressure test. A 100% pass mark must be achieved before pressure test can commence.
A selection of documentation and forms are available for download from the links below. You can customise these documents to create procedures for your requirements. These documents cover: